Social Media Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
PART A - INTRODUCTION
1. These terms and conditions apply to the series of prize draws we run on our social media channels ("Prize Draws") unless otherwise stated in the promotion. This includes our Prize Draws on Facebook.com/ODEON and twitter.com/ODEONCinemas.
2. The promoter of each Prize Draw is ODEON Cinemas Limited ("ODEON / we / us"). ODEON’s company number is 01854132, and its registered office is at 54 Whitcomb St, London, WC2H 7DN.
3. When entering a Prize Draw through Facebook, Twitter or another social media provider, please note that the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media provider.
PART B - KEY FACTS
4. Entrants: Entrants to a Prize Draw must be aged16 or over unless otherwise specified and resident in the UK. If the promotion or competition is being run through Twitter or Facebook, all Entrants must be following the specified channel, @ODEONCinemas- on Twitter and facebook.com/ODEON on Facebook.]
5. Entry: An Entry has to comply with what is asked for by ODEON in the message launching the Prize Draw. For example you might have to answer a simple question or simply reply to ODEON with a keyword. The exact instructions for an Entry will be explained in the launch message.
6. Prize: The prize will be described in the launch message.
7. Prize Draw Dates, Closing Date/Time, Draw Date: The dates of each prize draw including the Closing Date and the Draw Date will be set out in the launch message.
PART C – OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. The instructions provided in the launch message and/or at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of the Prize Draw, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
9. Only one entry per person is allowed. Only one entry per Twitter or Facebook username will be entered in the draw, unless specified otherwise.
10. The following persons may not enter the Prize Draw: employees of ODEON, or any of its group of companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted.
11. ODEON reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. ODEON may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the Prize may be withheld until and unless ODEON is satisfied with the verification.
12. The Prize Draw will run during the Prize Draw Dates until the specified Closing Date / Time. Entries received after the Closing Date / Time will not be entered into the draw.
13. The winner(s) will be selected at random and under independent supervision from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified by ODEON within a reasonable time after the Draw Date or any subsequent draw either by email, mail or telephone. We will notify all winners they have won via the details given at entry. This will comply with each social media platform’s promotional rules.
14. Methods of contact include either receiving a ‘direct message’ from us on Twitter or Facebook, or an email from ODEON asking for your address and mobile phone number.
15. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize Draw. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, ODEON reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
16. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win. It is understood that no recompense will be offered.
17. The Prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance. If ODEON is unable to contact the winner within 28 days from initial notification or if any Prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at ODEON’s discretion. If the Prize is time critical ODEON will state upfront before entry how many days the winner will have to accept the Prize.
18. Some Prizes may require the winner to accept third party terms and conditions, such as ticket terms, and acceptance of the Prize will be subject to such conditions.
19. Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the Prize requires attendance at a specific location, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. ODEON assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize.
20. ODEON will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified Prize.
21. ODEON reserves the right to provide a substitute Prize of similar value if the specified Prize become unavailable for reasons beyond ODEON’s control. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside ODEON’s control, and ODEON will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the Prizes are transferable.
22. ODEON accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
23. ODEON’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request marked with the name of the Prize Draw to: ODEON SOCIAL MEDIA, Odeon Cinemas Limited, 54 Whitcomb St, London, WC2H 7DN .
25. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part to any stated Prize unless stated otherwise.
26. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the Prize Draw, including the allocation of more Prizes than are available, ODEON reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available Prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
27. ODEON reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice if circumstances make this unavoidable. By continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms. ODEON will endeavour to avoid any disappointment or any disadvantage to those who have already entered.
28. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
29. The Prize Draw is governed by English Law, and any dispute between ODEON and you regarding the Prize Draw will only be dealt with by the English courts, but if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there.
Version 1.0 © Odeon Cinemas Holdings Limited 2012. All rights reserved.