Important notice for children under 16
If you are under 16, you must ask your parent or guardian before you access ODEON Wi-Fi. By continuing to use the ODEON Wi-Fi, you are confirming that you have received the consent of your parent or guardian to do so.
PART A - INTRODUCTION
About ODEON / Definitions
1. The ODEON Wi-Fi is operated by Odeon Cinemas Limited (registered office at St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX, registered in England under company number 01854132, VAT number 241717672) ("ODEON").
2. ODEON operates ODEON W-Fi for itself and also on behalf of the companies listed below, and you agree that the companies listed below shall be entitled to benefit from the terms within these Terms which are intended to benefit ODEON:
a) United Cinemas International (UK) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX. Registered in England under company number 1732125. VAT number 241717672);
b) ABC Cinemas Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 3167622. VAT number 241717672);
c) Odeon Cinemas (RL) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 6113430. VAT number 241717672).
Your consent to these Terms
4. Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using ODEON Wi-Fi, you accept these Terms. If you are reading an electronic copy of these Terms, feel free to print or save a copy for your records. To obtain more information about these Terms please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" page of the Website. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, YOU MUST STOP USING ODEON WI-FI IMMEDIATELY.
Amendments to these Terms
5. ODEON reserves the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website. Please check the Website "Privacy and Legal" section regularly for changes. If you use ODEON Wi-Fi after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
PART B - ACCESSING OR USING THE ODEON WI-FI
6. ODEON Wi-Fi is intended for e-mail, instant messaging, browsing the internet and using apps. You are permitted to use ODEON Wi-Fi strictly for your own personal use and not for any commercial purpose. Any intellectual property rights in the ODEON Wi-Fi are owned by or licensed to ODEON.
7. You must not use ODEON Wi-Fi to:
a) upload or distribute any material that contains viruses or anything similar;
b) infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or any other rights of any person;
c) do anything that will or may interfere with, disrupt, damage or impair ODEON Wi-Fi or our provision of goods and/or services;
d) store, distribute, upload, download or receive any information which is harmful, defamatory, obscene, indecent, discriminatory, offensive, or liable to cause harassment or distress;
e) send spam or unsolicited commercial offers or adverts;
f) carry out any unlawful, illegal or fraudulent acts;
g) intercept or monitor data or messages while they are being transmitted over ODEON Wi-Fi;
h) impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity; and/or
i) gain unauthorised access to systems, networks or other devices of ODEON or any other person.
8. You must not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any of our security safeguards or those of our suppliers.
10. You must use a valid email address when registering with ODEON Wi-Fi. You must keep your security information confidential and not disclose it to any third party. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your security information you must inform us immediately. We have the right to disable any account and/or registration with us at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with your obligation to keep your security information secure.
11. We reserve the right to restrict your connection speed, or terminate your session, if your usage appears to be excessive and therefore to detrimental to other guests. We consider that any usage above 40Mb per hour is classed as excessive, and subject to restriction or termination.
12. You are responsible for providing all devices required to access and use ODEON Wi-Fi. You are responsible for ensuring the compatibility of your device with ODEON Wi-Fi.
13. Please note that ODEON cannot guarantee the security or privacy of ODEON Wi-Fi, and it is your responsibility to take steps to back up and protect your own data.
Third party websites
14. ODEON is not responsible for the content of any third party websites or applications which you access using ODEON Wi-Fi. Please note that ODEON Wi-Fi may be subject to content filters which restrict access to certain sites.
15. ODEON Wi-Fi is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free. In addition, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, ODEON Wi-Fi without notice and without liability.
16. Coverage of ODEON Wi-Fi may vary in different areas of the cinema.
Non-compliance with these Terms
17. We reserve the right to investigate any suspected non-compliance with these Terms. If we believe that a violation of these Terms (or any of the rights identified in these Terms) has occurred, we may take action to suspend or bar your access to ODEON Wi-Fi, suspend any account or registration you have with us, or take such other corrective action as we reasonably consider appropriate.
PART C - GENERAL
18. Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit ODEON's liability for death or personal injury caused by ODEON's negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by ODEON or its agents, or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
19. Subject to paragraph 18,
(a) we make no representation or warranty of any kind that the ODEON Wi-Fi will be error-free, uninterrupted or secure. ODEON is not responsible for the content of any third party websites or applications. Unless we have been negligent, we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage arising from your use of ODEON Wi-Fi;
(b) we will use reasonable endeavours to exclude viruses from ODEON Wi-Fi to the extent that we are able to, given the level of control we have over it, but we make no representation or warranty of any kind that ODEON Wi-Fi or any websites or applications accessed via ODEON Wi-Fi or their contents will be free from viruses introduced by third parties. Unless we have been negligent, we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage caused by viruses;
(c) ODEON shall not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Any liability ODEON has is restricted to foreseeable losses; and
(d) ODEON is not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations that are caused by events outside ODEON's reasonable control.
Scope / Governing law / Complaints
20. These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between ODEON and you in relation to their subject matter. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
21. English law shall apply to the establishment of the relationship between ODEON and you in connection with your use of or access to ODEON Wi-Fi. These Terms, and any contract between you and ODEON in connection with your use of or access to ODEON Wi-Fi, are governed by English law. Any dispute between ODEON and you regarding these Terms and/or your use of or access to ODEON Wi-Fi will only be dealt with by the English courts, PROVIDED THAT, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. All information, including these Terms, shall be supplied to you in English only, and we shall only communicate with you during any contract between us in relation to ODEON Wi-Fi using the English language. There is no public filing requirement for any such contract.
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to use alternative dispute resolution. The European Commission has established a website for online dispute resolution which is available at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/, and which is designed to assist consumers in resolving disputes online without having to go to court
22. If you have any complaint or concern regarding these Terms or ODEON Wi-Fi, please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" pages of the Website.
© Odeon Cinemas Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Version 1.1 June 2016