Win a virtual reality headset and gaming PC!
Visit Manchester Printworks, Liverpool One, Milton Keynes, Wimbledon, or Greenwich to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 3 Virtual Reality packages including an HTC Vive headset and high-spec HP gaming PC.
For your chance to win, upload your strangest selfie at the 'Doctor Strange' stand at participating sites to Twitter or Instagram using #MyStrangeSelfie
PART A – INTRODUCTION
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Prize Draw for #MyStrangeSelfie Competition that we will run on Instagram.com/ODEONcinemas and Twitter.com/ODEONCinemas.
2. The promoter of the Prize Draw is ODEON Cinemas Limited ("ODEON / we / us"). ODEON’s company number is 01854132, and its registered office is at St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX.
3. When entering the Prize Draw through Instagram or Twitter please note that the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media provider.
PART B - KEY FACTS
4. Entrants: Entrants to the #MyStrangeSelfie Prize Draw must be aged 13 or over and resident in the UK. Parental consent needed to enter if under 18. All Entrants must be following the specified social media channel to participate in the competition, @ODEONCinemas - on Twitter and on Instagram.
5. Entry: Entrants must upload their strangest selfie with the Doctor Strange backdrop to Twitter or Instagram using #MyStrangeSelfie to automatically enter the Prize Draw. Photos will also appear on the large screen next to the standee (subject to a time delay). Photos may be removed from the screen if they contain offensive content. The Doctor Strange standees are located in the foyers of ODEON Greenwich, ODEON Wimbledon, ODEON Milton Keynes, ODEON Liverpool One, ODEON Manchester Printworks.
6. Prize: 3 Virtual Reality packages including an HTC Vive VR headset and a HP OMEN 870-040na.
7. Prize Draw Dates, Closing Date/Time: The prize draw will run from 14th October to 11:59 pm on 16th November 2016. There will be three prize draw pools. Entries received between 14th October and 11.59 pm on 25th October will go into the first pool. Entries received between 26th October and 11.59 pm on 6th November will go into the second pool. Entries received between 7th November and 11.59 pm on 16th November will go into the third pool. One winner will be drawn from each pool.
PART C – OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. Only one entry per person is allowed. Only one entry per Twitter or Instagram username will be entered in the draw.
9. The following persons may not enter the Prize Draw: employees of ODEON, or any of its group of companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw. .
10. ODEON reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. ODEON may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the Prize may be withheld until and unless ODEON is satisfied with the verification.
11. The Prize Draw will run during the Prize Draw dates listed above until the specified closing date and time. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered into the draw.
12. There will be three winners in total, with one winner being drawn from each of the pools set out above . Each winner will receive a Virtual Reality package including an HTC Vive VR headset and a HP OMEN 870-040na. The three winners will be selected at random and under independent supervision from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified by ODEON by direct message within 7 days of the closing date for each pool. This will comply with each social media platform’s promotional rules.
13. The photo must have been taken by you, and must not be obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringe anyone else’s rights. If the photo features people other than yourself, you should have made them aware that they were being photographed, and you must have obtained their permission (or their parent's/guardian's permission if under 18) for their photograph to be submitted in the prize draw. The photo must not have been previously published. You will own any copyright in your entry. By entering the competition, you grant a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide licence to ODEON to use any intellectual property rights in your entry for the purposes of administering and publicising the prize draw.
14. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize Draw.
15. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win. It is understood that no recompense will be offered.
17. The Prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance. If ODEON is unable to contact the winner within 28 days from initial notification the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at ODEON’s discretion.
18. We will post the prize to the winner within 28 days of notifying them of their win. The winner must provide their address so we can send the prize out.
19. ODEON reserves the right to provide a substitute Prize of similar value if the specified Prize become unavailable for reasons beyond ODEON’s control. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside ODEON’s control, and ODEON will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the Prizes are transferable.
20. ODEON accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
21. ODEON’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request marked with the name of the Prize Draw to: My Strange Selfie Prize Draw, , Odeon Cinemas Limited, St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX .
23. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part to any stated Prize unless stated otherwise.
24. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the Prize Draw, including the allocation of more Prizes than are available, ODEON reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available Prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
25. ODEON reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the competition and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice if circumstances make this unavoidable. By continuing to take part in the competition subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms. ODEON will endeavour to avoid any disappointment or any disadvantage to those who have already entered.
26. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
27. The Prize Draw is governed by English Law, and any dispute between ODEON and you regarding the Prize Draw will only be dealt with by the English courts, but if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there.