- What is The Lounge?
- If food and drink can be ordered throughout the screening will this not prove a disturbance to other guests?
- How and when will payment be made?
- How will guests that want to eat in the cinema screen go about ordering?
- What if I want to order a dessert or additional drinks through the duration of the film?
- Will the private bar be available to all guests to ODEON Whiteleys?
- What is Rowley Leigh's involvement in ODEON Whiteleys?
- Why were these particular dishes deemed suitable and appropriate for cinema-dining?
- What are your plans to open further ODEON Lounges?
- How and when to order food and drinks
- How do guests interact with the Lounge staff?
- What is The Lounge external food and drink policy?
- When are the films put on sale?
- What if I want to bring my children to The Lounge?
- Where is The Lounge?
- Why are there two sets of prices shown on the pricing page?
- Why do you charge a Remote Booking Fee?
The Lounge payment policy gives guests the option to pay as they place the order or to set up a tab, if they wish to do so, and pay prior to or during the film. This flexibility allows our guests to decide when they pay the bill and interact with the Lounge staff.
If a guest chooses to set up a tab and pay during the film, a member of staff will present the bill at that time. If a guest does not wish to be disturbed during the film he/she has the option to order and pay for any refreshments prior to the start of the film. The benefit of this flexible approach is that the Lounge can process all payments without any delay to our guests.
The Lounge bar is ideal to relax and enjoy a cocktail before the show or even a meal if you arrive one hour early. If you arrive just before the film stars, the concept is best enjoyed when placing your main food and drink order during the trailers in the auditorium. Our 'in screen waiter service’ is available throughout the film so more food and drinks can be ordered at any point.
The Lounge bar is ideal to relax and enjoy a cocktail before the show or even a meal if you arrive one hour early. If you arrive just in time for the show, the concept is best enjoyed when placing your main food and drink order during the trailers in the auditorium. Our 'in screen waiter service’ is available throughout the film so more food and drinks can be ordered at any point
Discreet interaction between guests and Lounge staff is an integral part of the Lounge concept. Guests have the benefit of full service to their designated seat throughout the film.
Please note that the Lounge ‘external food and drink’ policy does not authorise guests to bring food and drinks that have not been purchased in The Lounge.
New films are put on sale each Tuesday afternoon or evening, for the next ten days.
Generally, a choice of at least two films can be booked two weeks in advance.
The Lounge is a concept for guest 18 years old and over. However, private screenings with children under 18 years old are allowed between Monday to Thursday between 10:00-15:00 and Friday to Sunday between 09:00-13:00.
For more information, please email TheLoungeEvent@odeonuk.com.
The Lounge is located on the second floor of Whiteleys Shopping Centre in Bayswater. Address: Whiteleys of Bayswater, Queensway, London, W2 4YL
If you purchase your tickets remotely (via our website, Filmline, Apps or Facebook) there is an additional Remote Booking Fee applied. ODEON is committed to working transparently in order to offer guests the best possible cinema experience and a clear booking process – so where a Remote Booking Fee is applicable, this will be shown as part of the upfront cost and displayed on our online pricing pages.
If you do not wish to pay the Remote Booking Fee you can still purchase your tickets at the cinema Box Office or ATM where no Remote Booking Fee will apply.
The Remote Booking Fee is a fee for booking your tickets remotely. It is payable in addition to the price of your tickets. The amount of the Remote Booking Fee will be displayed during the booking process. To assist you in understanding the amount payable, we will display headline ticket price inclusive of the Remote Booking Fee. We do not levy a Remote Booking Fee for tickets booked at cinema at the Box Office or ATM. If you do not wish to pay the Remote Booking Fee you can still purchase your tickets at the cinema Box Office or ATM where no Remote Booking Fee will apply.