Fancy yourself as a film buff? Or looking to expand your quiz IQ?
We've brought you the perfect way to enhance your quiz night and put the film fanatics in your life to the test, with the ODEON Ultimate Film Quiz.
ROUND 1 - Guess the film title from the first letter of each word
1. GOTG - Chris Pratt
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
2. BTTF - Christopher Lloyd
BACK TO THE FUTURE
3. OFOTCN - Jack Nicholson
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
4. TSAM - Cameron Diaz
THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY
5. YGM - Meg Ryan
YOU'VE GOT MAIL
6. STBY - LaKeith Stanfield
SORRY TO BOTHER YOU
7. HF - Octavia Spencer
8. THL - Anthony Mackie
THE HURT LOCKER
9. SM - Dev Patel
10. TPS - Katharine Hepburn
THe PHILADELPHIA STORY
ROUND 2 - Guess the film from the emojis
1. THE WEDDING SINGER
3. THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
4. MOULIN ROUGE
5. THE GOONIES
6. THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG
7. GHOST IN THE SHELL
8. DEAD POETS SOCIETY
10. FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
ROUND 3 - Guess the film from its cast
William Jackson Harper
Samuel L. Jackson
1. Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain: CRIMSON PEAK, 2015
2. Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard,
Ken Watanabe: INCEPTION, 2010
3. Florence Pugh, Jack Reynor, William Jackson Harper: MIDSOMMAR, 2019
4. Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon: MAN OF STEEL, 2013
5. Sigourney Weaver, John Hurt, Ian Holm: ALIEN, 1979
6. Steve Carell, Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling: CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE, 2011
7. Hugh Grant, Sally Hawkins, Hugh Bonneville: PADDINGTON 2, 2017
8. James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Thelma Ritter: REAR WINDOW, 1954
9. Spike Lee, Samuel L Jackson, Giancarlo Esposito: DO THE RIGHT THING, 1989
10. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford: STAR WARS, 1977
ROUND 4 - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
In Toy Story, what is Andy's mean neighbour called?
"Be afraid, be very afraid" is the tagline of which film?
Who was the first woman to win the Oscar for Best Director?
In which Marvel film did T'Challa appear before Black Panther?
How many of the Star Wars films were directed by George Lucas?
In Harry Potter, what is the Dursleys' address?
In Inception, what is Cobb's totem?
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler co-starred in which 2008 comedy?
The Shawshank Redemption was adapted from a novella by which author?
Which classic villain appears in every film of the Dark Knight Trilogy?
1. In Toy Story, what is Andy’s mean neighbour called?
2. “Be afraid, be very afraid” is the tagline of which film?
3. Who was the first woman to win the Oscar for Best Director?
KATHRYN BIGELOW FOR THE
4. In which Marvel film did T’Challa appear before Black Panther?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
5. How many of the Star Wars films were directed by George Lucas?
6. In Harry Potter, what is the Dursleys’ address?
4 PRIVET DRIVE
7. In Inception, what is Cobb’s totem?
A SPINNING TOP
8. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler co-starred in which 2008 comedy?
9. The Shawshank Redemption was adapted from a novella by which author?
10. Which classic villain appears in
every film of the Dark Knight Trilogy?
ROUND 5 - WHICH FILM IS THIS QUOTE FROM?
"I like you very much. Just as you are."
"Can I be your legacy?"
"You already are."
"You should have gone for the head."
"No luck catching them swans, then?"
"General, would you care to step outside?"
"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. It's the only way to become what you were meant to be."
"I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled"
"I'm your number one fan. There's nothing to worry about."
"Here's looking at you, kid."
"You want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."
1. “I like you very much. Just as you
are” BRIDGET JONES’S DIARY, 2001
2. “Can I be your legacy?” “You already are.” QUEEN & SLIM, 2020
3. “You should have gone for the head.” AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, 2018
4. “No luck catching them swans, then?” HOT FUZZ, 2007
5. “General, would you care to step outside?” SUPERMAN II, 1980
6. “Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. It’s the only way to become what you were meant to be.” STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, 2017
7. “I’m going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us all killed — or worse, expelled.” HARRY POTTER AND
THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE, 2001
8. “I’m your number one fan. There’s nothing to worry about.” MISERY, 1990
9. “Here’s looking at you, kid.” CASABLANCA, 1942
10. “You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.” IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE, 1946
Thanks for playing!
BETWEEN 41 AND 50
You are a film-loving legend and ODEON salutes you! With big-screen big-brain knowledge like that, you ought to be in our Film Booking team!
BETWEEN 21 AND 40
You know your films! We’re impressed.
We can’t wait to see you back at your local ODEON.
Shall we get your usual snacks order ready?
BETWEEN 0 AND 20
Not bad at all, but it looks like you could use more movie magic in your life.
Have you considered getting an ODEON myLIMITLESS membership?