Important notice for children under 16
If you are under 16, you must ask your parent or guardian before you do any of the following things: use or email the Website, download or use Mobile Apps, use ODEON Social Media or ask us to email anything to you; send any information to us; post any material on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media; enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize; or purchase anything via the Website or Mobile Apps. By continuing to use the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media and any of the services offered, you are confirming that you have received the consent of your parent or guardian to do so.
You need to be 16 or over to join the ODEON Première Club, or get a My ODEON account.
Generally you need to be 16 or over to join Limitless. If you are 13-15, you can join Limitless via a gift membership but you must obtain consent from your parent or guardian before joining.
PART A - INTRODUCTION
About ODEON / Definitions
1) The Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media are owned and operated by Odeon Cinemas Limited (registered office at St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX , registered in England under company number 01854132, VAT number 241717672) ("ODEON").
2) ODEON operates the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media for itself and also on behalf of the companies listed below, and you agree that the companies listed below shall be entitled to benefit from the terms within these Terms which are intended to benefit ODEON:
a) United Cinemas International (UK) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 1732125. VAT number 241717672);
b) ABC Cinemas Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 3167622. VAT number 241717672);
c) Odeon Cinemas (RL) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 6113430. VAT number 241717672).
d) AMC Theatres of UK Limited (Registered office: Unit 2, The Great Northern, 235 Deansgate Road, Manchester, M3 4EN. Registered in England under company number 3276252. VAT number 927481501.).
Your consent to these Terms
4) Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media, you accept these Terms. If you are reading an electronic copy of these Terms, feel free to print or save a copy for your records. To obtain more information about these Terms please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" page of the Website. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, YOU MUST LEAVE THE WEBSITE, MOBILE APP OR SOCIAL MEDIA IMMEDIATELY. FOR MOBILE APPS WHICH ARE LOADED ON YOUR DEVICE YOU MUST ALSO DELETE THE APP.
5) Your use of the Mobile Apps is also subject to the terms of the operating systems providers.
6) You use of ODEON Social Media is also subject to the terms of the social media providers.
Amendments to these Terms
7) ODEON reserves the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media. Please check the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media "Privacy and Legal" section regularly for changes. If you use or access the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
PART B - ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE, MOBILE APPS OR SOCIAL MEDIA
Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media directed at United Kingdom only
8. The Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media are directed only at users in the United Kingdom. You may only use the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media to make purchases and/or join ODEON Première Club / Limitless if you are domiciled in the United Kingdom. If you access the Website, Mobile App or ODEON Social Media from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own initiative and risk, and you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Ownership of Materials and Licence Terms
9) The Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media and the materials on them are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. The Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media and the materials held on them are owned by or licensed to ODEON. You are permitted to use the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media only in accordance with these Terms. You are permitted to display the materials on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media on a computer screen and to download and print a hard copy of such materials strictly for your own personal use and provided you do not alter or remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices. You are permitted to use the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media for your personal use only and not for any commercial purpose.
10) You undertake not to:
a) commercially exploit any materials on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media without our express prior written consent;
b) establish a link to the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media from any other website, intranet or extranet site, without our express prior written consent;
c) use the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media to upload or distribute any material that contains viruses or anything similar;
d) infringe the rights of any other person;
e) do anything that will or may interfere with, disrupt, damage or impair the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media or our provision of goods and/or services
f) submit any information to the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, liable to cause harassment or distress, which does not comply with any law and/or consists of spam commercial offers or adverts; and/or
g) copy or infringe ODEON's rights in the Website, Mobile Apps and/or ODEON Social Media.
11) You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any material on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media or any part of it without our express prior written approval. You may not use any meta tags or other hidden text using the trade marks or trade names of ODEON without the express prior written consent of ODEON.
12) You are prohibited from de-compiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media into a readable form. You are prohibited from circumventing or attempting to circumvent any of our security safeguards or those of our suppliers.
13) If you ask us to send you information emails, your use of the content received through our information email service will be subject to these Terms as if that content formed part of the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media and their materials.
14) If you submit any comments or materials to the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media (such as a film review) you assign any rights (including intellectual property rights) you may have in them to ODEON, and we may adapt, broadcast, copy, disclose, license, publish, sell, transmit and do anything else with such materials consistent with rights of ownership in any form and media on a royalty free basis anywhere in the world. You also waive and agree not to assert any moral rights in such comments or materials.
15) ODEON has the right to remove any material posted on the Website, Mobile Apps and/or ODEON Social Media at any time.
User names, Passwords etc
17) If you choose or are provided with, a user name, user identification code, password, security question & answer, verification number or any other piece of security information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your security information you must inform us immediately. We have the right to disable any account and/or registration with us at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with your obligation to keep your security information secure.
18) ODEON cannot control user's posts or content submitted on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media and ODEON is not responsible and accepts no liability for the contents of any posts or submissions. In particular we are not responsible for the accuracy of any claims or opinions made by users about our products or services. If you are unhappy about any post please contact us via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
Third party advertisements and links
ODEON Social Media
20) The social media provider may choose to display advertisements and features alongside the ODEON Social Media. ODEON has no control over the content or images in such advertisements and features. ODEON does not endorse these adverts or features and accepts no responsibility for them.
21) When you purchase tickets via ODEON Social Media, you are purchasing using the Website accessed from within the ODEON Social Media. Remember, we will never ask for your personal or financial details in a public forum. If anything appears suspicious on our ODEON Social Media then please exit from the ODEON Social Media and report your concerns to us via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
23 )ODEON Social Media may allow you to see your friend's details and contact them. An example of this would be our Event Planner within Facebook. Where this is the case, this function is provided by the social media site provider and not ODEON. ODEON does not hold your friend's details and any messages you send to friends via ODEON Social Media use the relevant social media's functionality and are not sent from ODEON.
Availability of the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media and their services
24) The Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media are provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that they will be uninterrupted or error free. In addition, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of the Website, Mobile Apps and/or ODEON Social Media without notice and without liability. We may offer Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media users the opportunity to register to receive additional information and/or services. We are not under any obligation to accept a request for registration or provide such information and/or services.
Non-compliance with these Terms
25) We reserve the right to investigate any suspected non-compliance with these Terms. If we believe that a violation of these Terms (or any of the rights identified in these Terms) has occurred, we may take action to suspend or bar your access to the Website, Mobile Apps and/or ODEON Social Media, suspend any account or registration you have with us, or take such other corrective action as we reasonably consider appropriate.
PART C - GENERAL
26) Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit ODEON's liability for death or personal injury caused by ODEON's negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by ODEON or its agents, or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
27) Subject to paragraph 26,
(a) We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of any information on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media, but we make no representation or warranty of any kind that the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media or any of their contents will be accurate, current, complete, or error-free. ODEON is not responsible for the accuracy of user content or social media sites. Unless we have been negligent, we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage arising from action taken in reliance on information on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media;
(b) We will use reasonable endeavours to exclude viruses from the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media to the extent that we are able to given the level of control we have over them, but we make no representation or warranty of any kind that the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media or any of their contents will be free from viruses introduced by third parties. Unless we have been negligent, we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage caused by viruses;
(c) ODEON shall not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Any liability ODEON has is restricted to foreseeable losses; and
(d) ODEON is not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations that are caused by events outside ODEON's reasonable control.
Scope / Governing law / Complaints
28) These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between ODEON and you in relation to their subject matter. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded. Orders placed via the Website or Mobile Apps for products or services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and you should read them carefully before placing an order.
29) English law shall apply to the establishment of the relationship between ODEON and you in connection with your use of or access to the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media. These Terms, and any contract between you and ODEON in connection with your use of or access to the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media, are governed by English law. Any dispute between ODEON and you regarding these Terms and/or your use of or access to the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media will only be dealt with by the English courts, PROVIDED THAT, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. All information, including these Terms, shall be supplied to you in English only, and we shall only communicate with you during any contract between us in relation to the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media using the English language. There is no public filing requirement for any such contract.
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to use alternative dispute resolution. The European Commission has established a website for online dispute resolution which is available at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/, and which is designed to assist consumers in resolving disputes online without having to go to court.
30) If you have any complaint or concern regarding these Terms, our Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media, please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" pages of the Website.
© Odeon Cinemas Holdings Limited 2006 to 2017. All rights reserved. Version 2.6 August 2017