Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
Ticket Purchase Terms And Conditions
PART A - INTRODUCTION
About Odeon / Definitions
1. When you purchase a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media the identity of the company from which you purchase will depend on the cinema you have selected. This company will be one of the companies listed below, and you can select this link to view a list of relevant cinema companies to identify which one. In these terms and conditions, a reference to "ODEON" is a reference to the company from the list below:
a) Odeon Cinemas Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 1854132. VAT number 241717672);
b) United Cinemas International (UK) Limited (Registered office:St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX. Registered in England under company number 1732125. VAT number 241717672);
c) ABC Cinemas Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 3167622. VAT number 241717672);
d) Odeon Cinemas (RL) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 6113430. VAT number 241717672);
2. "Bookit" means Bookit Limited (registered office: Odeon Stoke Cinema, Marina Way, Festival Park, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SN; registered in England under company number 464880, VAT number 791586875). "Guest Services" means our Guest Service Facilty operated by Bookit (if contacting Guest Services by phone call charges will apply, and rates will vary according to which number you use: visit the Website "Contact Us" page for up to date details of telephone numbers). "Mobile Apps" means our mobile website at http://mobi.odeon.co.uk/, the Odeon Iphone app and any other similar applications developed for different operating systems. "ODEON Social Media" means the parts of social media provided by third parties (such as Facebook) through which ODEON provides services such as information, applications, ticket sales and similar activities. "Terms" means these terms and conditions. "You / your" means any person who purchases a ticket or 3D glasses via the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media. "We / us / our" means ODEON as defined in paragraph 1 above. "Website" means our website at www.odeon.co.uk.
Your consent to these Terms
3. Please read these Terms carefully. By purchasing a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media you accept these Terms. If you are reading an electronic copy of these Terms, feel free to print or save a copy for your records. To obtain more information about these Terms please ring Guest Services or contact us via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
Amendments to these Terms
4. ODEON reserves the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media. Please check the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media "Privacy & Legal" section regularly for changes, and please ensure that you download the latest version of any Mobile App to ensure you have up to date information. If you purchase a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) via the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
PART B - TICKET PURCHASES
Sale of tickets
5. The Website FAQs contain details of how to place your order for a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses), including how to correct input errors during the booking process. We advise you to read these FAQs before you proceed to place an order. To view a 3D film, you will need to have 3D glasses to be able to watch the film. Bookit acts as ODEON's agent to provide Guest Services, Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media support in relation to the sale of tickets (including charging on ODEON's behalf any applicable Remote Booking Fee) and 3D glasses.
6. The sale of tickets (and if applicable, 3D glasses) is subject to availability. Your order is an offer to purchase from ODEON and Bookit retains the discretion to refuse your order on behalf of ODEON. If Bookit accepts your order on behalf of ODEON, we will display a confirmation page on your screen at the end of the booking process, and at this point there will be a contract between you and ODEON. We will also send to you an e-mail confirmation of your completed order, for your information. We recommend that you print out a copy of the confirmation page and/or confirmation e-mail for your records.
Ticket price / Remote Booking Fee / Card Handling Fee
7. The price of a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) shall be as displayed on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media during the booking process. In addition to the price of your ticket, we will levy a Remote Booking Fee, a fee for booking your ticket(s) remotely. The amount of the Remote Booking Fee shall be as displayed on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media during the booking process. To assist you in understanding the amount payable, we will display headline ticket price information during the remote booking process inclusive of the Remote Booking Fee. We do not levy a Remote Booking Fee for tickets booked at cinema.
8. Payment can be made by any method specified in the booking process.
9. If you chose to pay using a credit or debit card, Bookit may levy a card handling fee in consideration for processing your credit/debit card transaction, and the amount of any such card handling fee will (if levied) be as notified to you during the booking process. Bookit does not levy a card handling fee in respect of items paid for using ODEON points or Odeon gift card stored value. Where applicable, Bookit will deduct your card handling fee from your card at the time it processes your credit/debit card transaction. For the avoidance of any doubt, where a transaction is not completed for whatever reason, Bookit will not have levied its card handling fee, as your credit/debit card transaction will not have been completed.
10. All stated prices and fees include any applicable Value Added Tax. Please note that if a pricing error occurs, we are not under an obligation to provide the ticket(s) or 3D glasses to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the confirmation page has been displayed and the confirmation email has been sent to you, if such a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Promotional Vouchers / Discount Cards / Guest Passes / Students
11. Unless otherwise stated, you cannot use any promotional vouchers or discount cards in conjunction with a ticket purchase via the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media (if you wish to do this, you will need to visit a cinema in person). You cannot use guest passes to pay for a ticket purchase via the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media (if you wish to do this, you will need to visit a cinema in person). If you are a student, you can still benefit from the student price, but you must bring your proof of student identity to the cinema when you collect your tickets (see the FAQs for details of the type of proof we accept).
Privacy and Security
14. When you purchase tickets via ODEON Social Media, you are purchasing using the Website accessed from within the ODEON Social Media. Remember, we will never ask for your personal or financial details in a public forum. If anything appears suspicious on our ODEON Social Media then please exit from the ODEON Social Media and report your concerns to us via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
Collection of tickets and 3D glasses
16. Tickets can be collected from the box office in your chosen cinema when your credit/debit card transaction and the booking process has been completed. Some cinemas also have automatic ticket machines ("ATMs") from which you can collect your tickets. If you have purchased a student ticket, you may not be able to use the ATMs because our staff may want to check your proof of student identity before you are admitted. For security reasons, the cardholder must be present to collect the tickets, and you will need to take the same card as you have used to make your booking. If your tickets are for a 3D film, and you have ordered 3D glasses, you will receive a voucher for your 3D glasses when you collect your tickets. You can take your 3D glasses voucher to any designated collection point in the cinema to collect your 3D glasses before the film.
Use of tickets
17. You represent and warrant that any tickets or 3D glasses you purchase are for personal use only, and that they are not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity, unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing. You undertake that you will not (a) resell or offer for resale any tickets (whether at a premium or otherwise) and/or (b) use tickets or 3D glasses for advertising or promotions (including prize draws, competitions, contests and/or sweepstakes) or for any other trade purposes. If you resell or offer for resale any tickets, the tickets in question will be invalid.
ODEON's General Admission Terms
18. All purchases of tickets are subject to ODEON's "General Admission Terms" copies of which are displayed in our cinemas and which are displayed in the "Privacy and Legal" section of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media. The General Admission Terms are deemed to form part of these Terms and are incorporated into these Terms by reference. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between ODEON's "General Admission Terms" and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
19. It is your responsibility to check your tickets as we are under no obligation to rectify mistakes after a contract has been formed. Unless otherwise expressly stated elsewhere on the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded. The cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Contracts Reguations 2013 do not apply to the sale of cinema tickets.
20. If you have purchased 3D glasses from ODEON, and you discover that you no longer require them, you can obtain a refund either in cinema or by sending them to our "Freepost ODEON" address along with your booking reference number and contact details.
21. We will not be responsible for any tickets or 3D glasses that are lost or stolen.
22. Seating will be unreserved unless otherwise specified expressly during the booking process.
23. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether a screening has been cancelled or rescheduled. If a screening is cancelled or rescheduled (for whatever reason), we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation or rescheduling but we do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation or rescheduling before the date / time of the screening.
24. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment in our cinemas is strictly prohibited.
25. We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought to a cinema.
26. We reserve the right to refuse admission should you breach any of ODEON's "General Admission Terms" or these Terms and we may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure your safety.
PART C - GENERAL
27. Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit ODEON and/or Bookit's liability for death or personal injury caused by ODEON and/or Bookit's negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by ODEON and/or Bookit or their agents, or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
28. Subject to paragraph 27,
28.1. ODEON and Bookit shall not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Any liability ODEON or Bookit have is restricted to foreseeable losses;
28.2. ODEON and Bookit are not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside ODEON or Bookit's reasonable control;
28.3. Where erroneous pricing information has been given to you, and the error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as erroneous, we will not be obliged to supply the item at the erroneous price; and
28.4. ODEON and Bookit's total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the purchase of tickets or 3D glasses via the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media shall be limited to the price paid by you for those tickets or 3D glasses.
Scope / Governing law / Complaints
29. These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between ODEON and you in relation to their subject matter. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
30. English law shall apply to the establishment of the relationship between ODEON and you prior to your purchasing a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses). These Terms, and any contract between you and ODEON in relation to purchasing a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses), are governed by English law. Any dispute between ODEON and you regarding these Terms and/or your ticket or 3D glasses will only be dealt with by the English courts, PROVIDED THAT, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. All information relating to the ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses), including these Terms, shall be supplied to you in English only, and we shall only communicate with you during any contract between us in relation to a ticket or 3D glasses using the English language. There is no public filing requirement for any such contract.
31. If you have any complaint or concern regarding these Terms and/or your ticket or 3D glasses purchase, please ring Guest Services or contact us via the "Contact Us" pages of the Website.
Version 3.2 © Odeon Cinemas Holdings Limited 2006-2013 - All rights reserved