Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
Ticket Purchase Terms And Conditions
PART A - INTRODUCTION
About Odeon / Definitions
1) When you purchase a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) on the Website or Mobile Apps the identity of the company from which you purchase will depend on the cinema you have selected. This company will be one of the companies listed below, and you can select this link to view a list of relevant cinema companies to identify which one. In these terms and conditions, a reference to "ODEON" is a reference to the company from the list below:
a. Odeon Cinemas Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 1854132. VAT number 241717672);
b. United Cinemas International (UK) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX. Registered in England under company number 1732125. VAT number 241717672);
c. ABC Cinemas Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX. Registered in England under company number 3167622. VAT number 241717672)
d. Odeon Cinemas (RL) Limited (Registered office: St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX . Registered in England under company number 6113430. VAT number 241717672).
2) "Bookit" means Bookit Limited (registered office: Odeon Stoke Cinema, Marina Way, Festival Park, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SN; registered in England under company number 464880, VAT number 791586875). "Guest Services” means our Guest Services facility operated by Bookit (visit the Website "Contact Us" page for up to date contact details). "Mobile Apps" means our mobile website at http://mobi.odeon.co.uk/, the Odeon Iphone and Android apps and any other similar applications developed for different operating systems. "ODEON Social Media" means the parts of social media provided by third parties (such as Facebook) through which ODEON provides services such as information, applications, and similar activities. "Terms" means these terms and conditions. "You / your" means any person who purchases a ticket or 3D glasses via the Website or Mobile Apps. "We / us / our" means ODEON as defined in paragraph 1 above. "Website" means our website at www.odeon.co.uk.
Your consent to these Terms
3) Please read these Terms carefully. By purchasing a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) on the Website or Mobile Apps you accept these Terms. If you are reading an electronic copy of these Terms, feel free to print or save a copy for your records. To obtain more information about these Terms please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
Amendments to these Terms
4) ODEON reserves the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website or Mobile Apps. Please check the Website or Mobile Apps "Privacy & Legal" section regularly for changes, and please ensure that you download the latest version of any Mobile App to ensure you have up to date information. If you purchase a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) via the Website or Mobile Apps after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
PART B - TICKET PURCHASES
Sale of tickets
5) The Website FAQs contain details of how to place your order for a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses), including how to correct input errors during the booking process. We advise you to read these FAQs before you proceed to place an order. To view a 3D film, you will need to have 3D glasses to be able to watch the film. Bookit acts as ODEON's agent to provide Guest Services, Website and Mobile Apps support in relation to the sale of tickets and 3D glasses.
6) The sale of tickets (and if applicable, 3D glasses) is subject to availability. Your order is an offer to purchase from ODEON and Bookit retains the discretion to refuse your order on behalf of ODEON. If Bookit accepts your order on behalf of ODEON, we will display a confirmation page on your screen at the end of the booking process, and at this point there will be a contract between you and ODEON. We will also send to you an e-mail confirmation of your completed order, for your information. We recommend that you print out a copy of the confirmation page and/or confirmation e-mail for your records.
7) The price of a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) shall be as displayed on the Website or Mobile Apps during the booking process.
8) Payment can be made by any method specified in the booking process.
9) All stated prices include any applicable Value Added Tax. Please note that if a pricing error occurs, we are not under an obligation to provide the ticket(s) or 3D glasses to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the confirmation page has been displayed and the confirmation email has been sent to you, if such a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Promotional Vouchers / Discount Cards / Guest Passes / Students
10) Unless otherwise stated, you cannot use any promotional vouchers or discount cards in conjunction with a ticket purchase via the Website or Mobile Apps (if you wish to do this, you will need to visit a cinema in person). You cannot use guest passes to pay for a ticket purchase via the Website or Mobile Apps (if you wish to do this, you will need to visit a cinema in person). If you are a student, you can still benefit from the student price, but you must bring your proof of student identity to the cinema when you collect your tickets (see the FAQs for details of the type of proof we accept).
Privacy and Security
Collection of tickets and 3D glasses
14) Tickets can be collected from the box office in your chosen cinema when your credit/debit card transaction and the booking process have been completed. Some cinemas also have automatic ticket machines ("ATMs") from which you can collect your tickets. If you have purchased a student ticket, you may not be able to use the ATMs because our staff may want to check your proof of student identity before you are admitted. For security reasons, the cardholder must be present to collect the tickets, and you will need to take the same card as you have used to make your booking. If your tickets are for a 3D film, and you have ordered 3D glasses, you will receive a voucher for your 3D glasses when you collect your tickets. You can take your 3D glasses voucher to any designated collection point in the cinema to collect your 3D glasses before the film.
Use of tickets
15) You represent and warrant that any tickets or 3D glasses you purchase are for personal use only, and that they are not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity, unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing. You undertake that you will not (a) resell or offer for resale any tickets (whether at a premium or otherwise) and/or (b) use tickets or 3D glasses for advertising or promotions (including prize draws, competitions, contests and/or sweepstakes) or for any other trade purposes. If you resell or offer for resale any tickets, the tickets in question will be invalid.
ODEON's General Admission Terms
16) All purchases of tickets are subject to ODEON's "General Admission Terms" copies of which are displayed in our cinemas and which are displayed in the "Privacy and Legal" section of the Website or Mobile Apps. The General Admission Terms are deemed to form part of these Terms and are incorporated into these Terms by reference. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between ODEON's "General Admission Terms" and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
17) It is your responsibility to check your tickets as we are under no obligation to rectify mistakes after a contract has been formed. Unless otherwise expressly stated elsewhere on the Website, or Mobile Apps, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded. The cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 do not apply to the sale of cinema tickets.
18) If you have purchased 3D glasses from ODEON, and you discover that you no longer require them, you can obtain a refund either in cinema or by sending them to our "Freepost ODEON" address along with your booking reference number and contact details.
19) We will not be responsible for any tickets or 3D glasses that are lost or stolen.
20) Seating will be unreserved unless otherwise specified expressly during the booking process.
21) It is your responsibility to ascertain whether a screening has been cancelled or rescheduled. If a screening is cancelled or rescheduled (for whatever reason), we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation or rescheduling but we do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation or rescheduling before the date / time of the screening
22) The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment in our cinemas is strictly prohibited.
23) We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought to a cinema.
24) We reserve the right to refuse admission should you breach any of ODEON's General Admission Terms or these Terms and we may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure your safety.
PART C - GENERAL
25) Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit ODEON and/or Bookit's liability for death or personal injury caused by ODEON and/or Bookit's negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by ODEON and/or Bookit or their agents, or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
26) Subject to paragraph 25,
a. ODEON and Bookit shall not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Any liability ODEON or Bookit have is restricted to foreseeable losses;
b. ODEON and Bookit are not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside ODEON or Bookit's reasonable control;
c. where erroneous pricing information has been given to you, and the error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as erroneous, we will not be obliged to supply the item at the erroneous price; and
d. ODEON and Bookit's total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the purchase of tickets or 3D glasses via the Website or Mobile Apps shall be limited to the price paid by you for those tickets or 3D glasses.
Scope / Governing law / Complaints
27) These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between ODEON and you in relation to their subject matter. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
28) English law shall apply to the establishment of the relationship between ODEON and you prior to your purchasing a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses). These Terms, and any contract between you and ODEON in relation to purchasing a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses), are governed by English law. Any dispute between ODEON and you regarding these Terms and/or your ticket or 3D glasses will only be dealt with by the English courts, PROVIDED THAT, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. All information relating to the ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses), including these Terms, shall be supplied to you in English only, and we shall only communicate with you during any contract between us in relation to a ticket or 3D glasses using the English language. There is no public filing requirement for any such contract.
29) If you have any complaint or concern regarding these Terms and/or your ticket or 3D glasses purchase, please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" pages of the Website.
© Odeon Cinemas Holdings Limited 2006-2015. All rights reserved. Version 3.2 March 2015